Design features that work
The rigid upper and lower arms combine with the hinges, condyle pads and straps to properly align the knee joint and provide accurately-tracking exoskeletal support. The three main characteristics of the CTi make it ideal for any sport that puts massive physical demands on equipment or players.
Rock-solid, lightweight protection
Smooth move - smooth ride
Sensil silicone and SenseEdge
How is it made?
So what goes into making a truly custom, truly exceptional ligament brace?
It is important to remember that a truly custom brace should fit like a glove mimicking the contours of the leg and movements of the knee perfectly. Achieving this level of truly custom requires our unique combination of state-of-the-art technology and materials with hand finishing to fine tune for an exceptionally individual and personalised brace.
The finished product is the result of a number of steps:
- Measuring: A very specific series of data points are recorded by our trained orthotists through a combination of digital imagery and measurements.
- Designing: Using the raw data from these images and measurements, the specialist creates a 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) file of the leg utilising our proprietary software. Then, this CAD file is sent to a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine and an exact foam surrogate is carved out giving our brace techs an exact 1-1 replica of the patient’s leg. Working directly on this foam surrogate the brace can be sculpted exactly to the contours of the patient’s leg.
- Making: Using CNC technology, combined with CAD the carbon fibre for the brace is cut and routed to match the exact measurements. This is done before being hand-shaped to the positive model of the leg.
- Accuracy: Hinges are fine tuned to ensure accurate anatomical tracking and alignment. Our trained manufacturers then refine this further, hand-crafting the final shape of the brace to match the exact contours of your leg.
- Finishing: Choose from our standard colours or challenge our in-house graphics team to create a unique and identifiable design custom made only for you.
With all the art and science working together to make a truly individual and personalised brace, Össur is confident enough to provide a limited lifetime warranty on CTi Custom brace. It applies to the frame and the Accutrac hinges and is limited to mechanical and manufacturing defects for the lifetime of the person that the brace was originally built for.