President and Chief Executive Officer
Össur President and Chief Executive Officer since 1996, born 1956, resides in the United States. He is a board member of Vitrolife AB and chairman of the Icelandic American Chamber of Commerce. Jón was the Commercial Counselor for the Icelandic Trade Council in New York (1992- 1996), Chief Financial Officer at Álafoss (1989-1991), Head of the International Division of Eimskip (1986-1989) and an Engineer for Bang and Olufsen Denmark (1982- 1984). Jón holds a Bachelor. degree in Industrial Engineering from Odense Technical College in Denmark and a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the United States International University in San Diego. He has no interest links with the Company’s main clients, competitors or major shareholders.
Jón's experience as a member of the Board of Directors in other companies/organizations includes:
- Vitrolife AB since 2015
- The Icelandic American Chamber of Commerce since 2012
- Rio Tinto Alcan Iceland 2003-2015
- The Icelandic Chamber of Commerce 2002-2012
- Reykjavik University from 2002-2009
- Samherji hf. from 2002-2006
- The Icelandic Trade Council from 1997-2003
- Research Liaison Office of the University of Iceland from 1996-2001
Jón and his related parties hold 660,708 shares in the Company.