CTi Knee Braces
CTi braces provide the ultimate combination of stabilisation and protection of the knee joint. This truly custom-made brace uses Accutrac® hinges with extension stops to glide with the knee and breathable liners coated with bio-inert Össur® Sensil® Silicone to reduce migration and skin irritation. Reversible field-serviceable buckles and trimmable straps facilitate fast adjustments and customised fit. CTi custom braces are available in 2 models — Standard and Pro Sport — and can be further customised with a variety of options, colours, designs and/or accessories.
CTi Custom is available as two different Models:
- CTi Standard for Medium to High Impact and contact athletics – example - skiing or wakeboarding
- CTi ProSport for Large Impact - Athletes competing in contact sports – example – motocross
The CTi Custom is available in 12 standard matte or gloss colours. For those that want a more custom look, custom paint is available for an additional charge. Fees vary depending on complexity of the design.
How is it made?
So what goes into the making of making a truly custom, truly exceptional ligament brace?
It is important to remember that a truly custom brace should fit like a glove mimicking the contours of the leg and movements of the knee perfectly. Achieving this level of truly custom requires our unique combination of state-of-the-art technology and materials with hand finishing to fine tune for an exceptionally individual and personalised brace.
The finished product is the result of a number of steps:
- Measuring: A very specific series of data points are recorded by our trained fitters through a combination of digital imagery and measurements.
- Designing: Using the raw data from these images and measurements, the specialist creates an 3D CAD file of the leg utilising our proprietary software. Then, this CAD file is sent to a CNC machine and an exact foam surrogate is carved out giving our brace techs an exact 1-1 replica of the patient’s leg. Working directly on this foam surrogate the brace can be sculpted exactly to the contours of the patient’s leg.
- Making: Using CNC (Computer Numerical Control) technology, combined with CAD (Computer Aided Design), the carbon fibre for the brace is exactly cut and routed to match the exact measurements. This is done before it being hand-shaped to the positive model of the leg.
- Accuracy: Hinges are fine tuned to ensure accurate anatomical tracking and alignment. Our trained manufacturers then refine this further, hand-crafting the final shape of the brace to match the exact contours of your leg.
- Finishing: Choose from our standard colours or challenge our our in-house graphics team to create a unique and identifiable design custom made only for you.
The only limit is your imagination
See for yourself the art and science of the CTi truly custom, truly exceptional brace:
Design features that work
The rigid upper and lower arms combine with the hinges, condyle pads and straps to properly align the knee joint and provide an accurately-tracking exoskeletal support. The three main characteristics of the CTi makes it ideal for any sport that puts massive physical demands on equipment or players.
Rock-solid, lightweight protection
Smooth move - smooth ride
Sensil silicone and SenseEdge
With all the art and science working together to make a truly individual and personalised brace, Össur is confident enough to provide a limited lifetime warranty on custom frame and hinges against any mechanical or manufacturing defects.
Rigid brace frame
OTS – 2 years | Custom – Lifetime
OTS – 2 years | Custom – Lifetime
Soft goods, liners and straps
OTS – 6 months | Custom – 6 months