The Philadelphia Stabilizer is used with the Philadelphia Tracheotomy collar to greatly restrict flexion and extension of the cervical spine.
As the patient recovers, the Stabilizer can be removed and the collar can remain to continue to provide the necessary immobilization.
Indications for Use
- Traumatic or chronic disorders requiring traction along the cervical spine
- Cervical spine trauma or surgery
- Restricts cervical spine flexion, extension and rotation to promote patient recovery.
- Latex-free, non-toxic and hypoallergenic Plastazote® foam reduces skin irritation.
- Adjustable bilateral hook and loop fasteners ensure proper fit.
- Anterior and posterior rigid plastic thoracic reinforcement pieces limit movement.
- Two-piece design enhances patient comfort.
- Conformance to the chest and back allows superior stability and comfort.
- Water-resistant for bathing and aqua-therapy.
- Easily customized for individual requirements.
- No tools required to assemble.
- X-ray, CT and MRI lucent
- Clean with mild soap and clean water.
- May be used in conjunction with the Philadelphia Halo attachment.
The Adult Philadelphia Stabilizer will fit most average individuals from 5' to 6'6" when attached to the Philadelphia Collar.