Össur Privacy Practices
Your Privacy Is Very Important To Us
Welcome to this Össur web site, (the "Site"). This section of the Site contains our policy regarding any personal information that you might supply to us when visiting our web site(s). We will collect and use information gathered through our web site(s) only in the ways disclosed in this statement.
For the purposes of this Policy, the terms "we", "us", "our" and “Össur” refer to Össur hf. and its subsidiaries. The terms “you” and "your" refer to you, as a user of this site.
- Your Consent
- Personal Information - Our collection of information that you provide us with
- Personal Information - Our use of information that you provide us
- Secure Transactions
- Employee Access, Training and Expectations
- No Grant of Intellectual Property
- Children's Privacy
- Other Web Sites Linked to our Site
- Jurisdiction and Governing Law
1. Your Consent
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our Site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
2. Personal Information - our collection of information that you provide us with
A. General policy
This Policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Site and our products and services. This statement will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers' needs.
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers.
B. Information collection
Össur is the sole owner of the information collected through this Össur web site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others.
The information we collect through the Össur web site can be categorized as follows:
- Passive traffic information is any non-personal information that helps us track the success and content of our Site. Data is collected on our server and includes the number of visits and visitors, page views and referring sites (such as search engines etc.). We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do employ cookies to log general user behavior on our Site. A cookie is a small text file that our Web server places on a user's computer hard drive to be a unique identifier. Cookies enable Össur to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to users, yet generally we do not use them for any other purpose than to give us information about repeat visits. Our cookies do not have an expiration date. Our cookies do not collect or divulge personally identifiable information. None of the traffic information is ever connected to specific individuals and the sole purpose of the passive traffic information is to help us measure and maintain the success of our Site.
- Voluntarily supplied information is information that users might give us while using the services provided by Össur online; such as signing up for our newsletters, sending an Össur web page as e-mail, submitting an order for material or products or contacting the company or our experts with questions.
This information falls into the following categories:
- General demographic information - is general non-personal information, such as country, year of birth, gender, products used etc. This helps us to identify our user groups and customize the web site and its content according to their needs.
- Personally identifiable information - is any information that might help someone identify a specific person (eg name, home address, telephone number etc). Users leave personally identifiable information with us for three reasons; to enable us to contact them to answer questions, requests and inquiries - when requesting products or other material, or when sharing an Össur web-page using the "send page" function in which case Össur monitors communication to prevent abuse and improve service. Personally identifiable information is only collected voluntarily on this Össur web site.
- Personal health information - is information about the health status or history of an individual (for example, if they have a chronic condition, their family medical history etc). It is not necessary to supply any personal health information in order to sign up or participate in any of the forums on this Össur web site. In some cases users may wish to give us personal health information so that we can serve them better. For example, a certain amount of health information may be needed as part of the necessary background information when using 'Ask the Expert', but that information is only used by our health professionals to answer that specific request or question. Some order forms (such as for custom made products) may require a certain level of personal health information to be given for the end-user of the product that is being ordered. All forms of this nature are submitted via a secure SSL form and sent encrypted to Össur. Personal health information is only collected voluntarily on this Össur web site.
3. Personal Information - our use of information that you provide us with
A. General use of information
The information collected by Össur through its web site is used for the following purposes:
- Site traffic reports - these include general non-personal information on the traffic and usage of the web site. Traffic reports are standardized server reports that show general trends and behavior and cannot be connected to any individual or computer. Information on traffic is used to measure the success of the Site and its content.
- Generic user group reports - from the information collected on the mailing list forms, quantitative reports are extracted on the group's age range, gender division (%), nationality/language and level of amputation (%). These reports never contain personally identifiable information and the sole purpose is to give our web site and marketing team generic information on the web site's audience. Generic user group reports are used to optimize the layout, structure and presentation of the material and services provided on the web site to maximize the user experience. The information collected through this Össur web site is not used to create customer profiles based on browsing or purchasing history. We do not supplement information collected at our web site with data from other sources.
- Frequently asked questions - from the information collected through the 'Ask the Expert' forum, periodic reports are created, based on the quantity of requests and typical questions or problems brought to our attention through the forum. The information in those reports is filtered by our experts and contains no personally identifiable information.
- Provision of information and services - Össur uses the information provided by the user to process orders, requests, answer questions and deliver requested material as stated here. Users may expect to be contacted within two to three working days regarding general requests. 'Ask the Expert' users may expect answers within five working days. Printed material is typically mailed within five working days from receipt of the request. Delivery of printed material depends on local postal services. Material is only sent to users that have requested or opted-in to such mailings. Users on mailing lists may opt out at any time, upon which their record is deleted. Promotional material sent to members of mailing lists may be targeted and/or customized based on the personal information given by the user, as clearly stated on the registry page. Any orders that are sent via the website, whether through a specific form or e-mail, are processed according to the standards and best practices of the sender's local Össur office.
- E-mails such as the notices on new products and services. The number of these mailings never exceed two times per month.
- Printed material such as brochures, product catalogs, 'Footnotes' newsletter and other promotional material. This type of material is sent only on request.
- Communication (such as e-mails, letters, telephone calls etc) in response to comments, requests, questions or information given by the user
- Other requests or orders are referred to the senders local Össur office and processed according to the standards and best practices of that office. The information provided in such communications is only used for the successful completion of the order in question.
B. Access to the information that you provide us with
Össur maintains the accuracy of its information only by users volunteering updated information.
Users may access their own personal information upon request and contact Össur about inaccuracies they may find by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Users may delete their information from Össur's database by unsubscribing from our mailing lists or by request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Össur will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information or site statistics to others.
Össur may release user information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Össur, our users, or others.
4. Secure Transactions
Where required, transactions with this site is secured via valid certificate that ensures secure transmission of data over https.
5. Employee Access, Training and Expectations
All persons working on this Össur web site and its technical environment, whether employees of Össur or not, are bound by an agreement of confidentiality.
Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
6. No Grant of Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights, including any trademarks or copyright in the content of this site, are owned by Össur, except where otherwise stated. Material may not be copied, broadcast, stored (in any medium), shown or played in public, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast, transmitted, adapted or changed in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this Össur web site, whether copy, logo, image, video or other material, please contact us. Our contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
7. Children's Privacy
Our Site is not intended for the use of children. We do not knowingly market to, or solicit data from, children.
8. Other Web Sites Linked to our Site
We are not responsible for the practices employed by web sites linked to or from our Site nor the information or content contained therein.
9. Jurisdiction and Governing Law
Any dispute arising between Össur and users with reference to this Site is to be governed by Icelandic law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Icelandic Courts.
If problems arise, users may contact Össur by e-mail, phone and/or mail. We are committed to resolving potential disputes as soon as possible.
Information on how to contact Össur in your area can be found on http://www.ossur.com.
E-mails may be sent to email@example.com